My parents came for a visit. We had planned for them to come in late March so we could all go and enjoy the beautiful Cherry Blossoms. However, mother nature decided to extend winter so we missed out on the Cherry Blossoms. However, we still had a great trip.
We started our spring break by Connor attending the spring Cotillion Ball. I was invited to attend the ball with him and we had a good time. We danced a few dances and Connor can dance a mean waltz. Of course, I would also say he was the most handsome young man there. He won the "Life of the Party" prize. He must get that from his dad.
My parents got here and brought some snow with them. We woke up Monday morning to find a dusting of snow on the ground. Kids were thrilled, the adults, not so much. When my crocus and daffodils are blooming, I'm kind of over the possibility of snow. But, the cold weather has given me more opportunities to wear the sweater I knitted so that has been nice.
Last Friday, we headed up to Gettysburg, PA. It was an amazing trip. I HIGHLY recommend going and seeing it in person if you ever have the chance. The museum was excellent and we spent nearly 2 hours just going through that. We also paid to have a guide give us a private tour of Gettysburg. It was a amazing. It was scheduled to be a 2 hour tour but we went closer to 3. Our guide, Roy, drove our van and took us through all 3 days of the Battle and it was excellent. We all really enjoyed the tour and learned a lot.
Upon returning from Gettysburg, my sister and her family arrived. We spent some time this week hanging out, going to dinner, and doing sleepovers with our cousins. It's never long enough of a visit but we were so glad to see Kelly and her family.
We are celebrating a Seder meal tomorrow night with our good friends and are looking forward to celebrating Easter.
We are celebrating a Seder meal tomorrow night with our good friends and are looking forward to celebrating Easter.
1 comment:
I do love your family - good people all.
Post a Comment