Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Spring

Lots of updates and lots of photos all mushed together to cover the last month...




The Saturday before my grandmother died, we had the AWANA Grand prix at the chapel. Connor won 3 trophy's for his car; 1st place for best design, 2nd place for fastest in his group, and 2nd for over all fastest car. He and Scott worked a LONG TIME on that car and their hard work paid off. The kids always have fun at the Grand Prix.

We had a good trip to Florida to see Scott's Mom (Oma) and my sister Kelly and her family. It poured down rain at "The happiest place on earth" (is that allowed if it's the happiest place on earth?) for 2 of the 4 days we were there but we still had a good time. We were the one's that didn't have a lick of sense out there traipsing around in the pouring down rain soaked to the skin with our rain ponchos on. The good thing was that most people had enough sense NOT go to the parks on those days so we didn't wait at all to ride on any rides. That was great, but the soggy, squishy, saturated, tennis shoes.. that is another matter.

While at Kelly's we went to a ball game between the Nationals and the Mariners, and went to a nature preserve where we saw lots of gators and birds. The kids enjoyed swimming in Kelly and Uncle P's pool (even though I'm sure it couldn't have been more than 50 degrees!.. BRRRR)

Last Sunday our chapel community cooked soups and provided salads at Grace Resource Center in Lancaster. Many made yummy soups and some of us took them down and served meals to those who were hungry. We had a great time and it was a great experience. We are looking forward to going again. Jessica helped me serve in the line and Scott and Connor poured coffee and got drink refills for those guests who were eating. It was a great opportunity so if any of my "local" friends get the chance to participate, I highly recommend it.

We're back into school, lots of TDY's for Scott, and Easter is upon us. I have Jessica's Easter skirt made and I've just started on mine yesterday and hopefully I'll be able to finish it before Sunday. I've had it cut out for 3 months... how is that possible?

We are enjoying the warmer temps and are glad to be back home.

2 comments:

Annie said...

great pictures!! :)

Mom said...

My goodness, you have been busy. Thanks for update with pictures.
I miss the Martins.