Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Bad Dog!

Over the last few weeks we have slowly been letting Roxy (she's almost a year old)stay out of her kennel when we aren't home for short periods of time. We close all the bedroom and bathroom doors. She has done really well and hasn't destroyed anything... until today.

I signed up to bake cupcakes for Jessica's Valentine's Day Party. I had finished baking them and I left 18 of them on a cooling rack on the kitchen counter when I left to get Jessica. When I got home, there were only 6 cupcakes left. HMMMM.
I thought, "Have I lost my mind." I looked at the dog and then looked back at the cupcakes, looked back at the dog and then noticed 3 crumbs on the kitchen rug. In 15 minutes, she ate 12 cupcakes AND the paper they were baked in and left no trace of any evidence.

So, now I have to go to the store and buy more cake mix so I can bake some more cupcakes. I hope she enjoyed them cause' she ain't getting any dinner.

*&#@! dog!!!!!

2 comments:

AM Kingsfield said...

I bet Roxy isn't the only one who would love to wolf down a dozen of your delicious cupcakes in 15 minutes. We just have more guilt mechanisms in place to defend your baked goods.
You must be a good cook!

Tanya said...

OH MY! How frustrating!! I had to make cupcakes for Brady's class this week. I don't think I would of been too happy if I had to "remake" more cupcakes. What a bummer!