We didn't do much of anything this weekend. I spent Saturday recovering from a sinus infection. We spent 1/2 of our day Sunday with Connor at an Urgent Care place for strep throat. He woke up with a fever complaining of a sore throat. I took a look at it looked pretty bad. So, I called the nurse line to get authorization to take him to be seen. Before we left the house he started puking. So, we gathered our "barf bowls" (everybody has barf bowls in their house, right? The designated bowl that you let your kids puke in to save furniture) and headed the 40 miles (one way) into town to get him seen. By the time we got in to see the Dr. he had already puked 7 times. The Dr. comes in and is talking to Connor about what hurts and Connor says his tummy. When Scott tried to tell him about the throat, he waived him off and wanted to hear it from Connor. Of course Connor's immediate concern is his tummy hurts because he's puking his guts up so he tells the Dr. his belly hurts. So the Doc says it's probably a stomach bug and tells us he'll give us something for the nausea so he'll stop puking.
He's about to get up when I said, "I didn't bring him in here for the throwing up. I originally got authorization for a sore throat and fever which I think might be strep." "Oh," he says, "Let's take a look." He does and then gets a nurse to swab him and of course, it's strep. We leave urgent care (3 hours later) and try and find a pharmacy open on a Sunday morning. UGH.. found one and of course they were "out" of his nausea medication. So, I spent another 45 minutes waiting for them to contact the urgent care Dr. to see if they can substitute something they do have. Mean time, Scott is in the car with Connor who has thrown up 3 more times since I've been waiting in CVS. UGH...
We're on the up swing now, I hope. That is until Jessica probably comes down with strep too. In any case, Connor is feeling better, I am feeling better, and as usual, Scott is unaffected. Lucky him. How does he avoid all this germ stuff? Probably because he's at work all day and I do most of the nose wiping.
On a fun note. Jessica is going on a field trip today to the La Brea Tar Pits, and the LA Museum of Natural History. She left at 7:30 and won't be back until 5:00. She thinks it's so cool that she gets to not come home from her field trip until dinner time. We sent a disposable camera along with her for her trip. I hope she has fun.
2 comments:
Bless your heart.
Hi, Tracy.
I am Malia's mom (that's the Malia of "Musings from Malicious"). Sometimes when I read Malia's blog, I'll follow some of the links seen on her comments. That's how I found you.
I read your Jan 8th post and I was swept into the past (30 years ago). I am attempting to be vague here so as to not specifically name places and people. But, each detail mentioned in your Jan 8th post made me feel more and more that my family may have lived in the very same community where you are currently located.
If possible, I would love to communicate with you outside of blogland (email or phone) and share some experiences.
I do look forward to hearing from you.
Signed,
Malia's Mom
Post a Comment