Thursday, August 03, 2006

Texas Trip

It was good to see my parents, sister, nephews, grandparents, aunt, great uncle, and cousin while in Texas. Dane breaking his arm (see 2 posts ago) was a bummer but it was still good getting to see everyone. It's good to be all together even though we had periods of chaos.

Here are some photos of the kids with their great grandparents.

This is the kids with their Great-grandparents. (Grandmother and Grandpa)








This is the kids with their Great-grandmother Pauline. (Grannie)








Poppy took Dane and Connor fishing one morning at the local pond. Connor caught a big one alright, but not what he was expecting. Connor and Dane both were pretty excited when they realized they'd caught a big turtle instead of a fish. Poppy and the boys had fun fishing.


And last but not least here's a photo of all of us at Grandmother and Grandpa's house. Dad had a meeting he had to be in so he wasn't in the photo.

From bottom left up and around are Connor,Dane, Jessica,Aunt Marsha, Grannie, Kelly holding Luke, Carl, Uncle Ford, Grandmother, and my mom and my Grandfather standing.

Thanks for for the visit Mom and Dad. Hopefully the next one will be less "eventful." (smile)

6 comments:

Tanya said...

Glad you had a nice visit with your parents. The kids and I spent a week with my parents last week. It was fun! We got spoiled, as usual. On a side note...wanted to tell you that I finished "The Mermaid Chair" - LOVED IT! I am so sad it's over. I went on Sue Monk Kidd's website and The Mermaid Chair is suppose to be made into a tv movie - I think it is suppose to air in September on Lifetime? I am now reading her first novel "The Secret Life of Bees." I am really enjoying it. I love the summer when I can focus on reading instead of watching my shows :)

Tracy said...

I just finished The Secret Life of Bees and I liked that one better than the Mermaid Chair. Let me know what you think when you finish it.

Tanya said...

Hi Tracy! Just finished "The Secret Life of Bees" - LOVED IT! I'm so sad it's over. I didn't want it to end. I think I am definitely a Sue Monk Kidd fan. She needs to write more novels!! I'm without a book right now :( I can't wait to go to the library tomorrow to see what I can find. There is one that I am interested in..."The Memory Keepers Daughter" by Kim Edwards. Have you heard of it?

Tracy said...

I liked the Secret Life of Bees more than The Mermaid Chair.
I just read the The Last Sin Eater by Francine Rivers and I enjoyed it. If you haven't read any of her books, read her Mark of the Lion Series. I loved it. I've read a lot of her books and have enjoyed all of them.

Happy Summer Reading!

AM Kingsfield said...

It's so good to see pictures of your family. Your parents look great! I'd love to see them in person. I'm sure they are fun grandparents. I know it is so busy at that age with so many little guys. That's a fun age, but hectic! I'm glad you had time with family.

Tracy said...

Ann,
It was a good time (minus Dane breaking his arm.. that kind of put a damper on things) and it's always great to be with family.
Maybe one of the times I'm there, we'll get to Abilene to see Tim and Julie. That would be fun.

I am also glad you enjoyed your time with family. Sounds like your beach trip was also good. Your summer drinks reminded me about Kelly making us a GREAT Apple Martini in the Bahamas. It was awesome.

Enjoy the rest of the summer!