I broke my pinkie toe on Monday night. I wish I had some great story that goes along with it. Unfortunately, I tripped over the empty laundry basket (in the dark) and fell and broke my toe. For those of you who have never broken a toe.. It is incredibly painful. Scott keeps saying, "Honey, it's only your little toe. Are you sure you can't walk on your heal?" I just smiled and, "Honey, when you break your toe someday, I promise NOT to tell you I told you so."
It is taken on a lovely color of purple, blue, black, and green. It's like a rainbow that changes daily. There's nothing they can do for a broken toe so I "hobbled" out of the Dr.'s office with the most hideous, ugliest shoe you have ever seen. After putting on this hideously ugly shoe, it is now my favorite shoe. Pride and fashion have gone out the window. I love this hideous shoe. It allows me to(sort of) walk and now crawl around from place to place. Thank goodness somebody developed this shoe.
On a brighter note, we spent this past weekend in Indiana at Lake Michigan with friends. We had a great time. The weather was great and the kids have a fun time jumping the waves in the lake. For some reason I expected the lake to be like the one in "On Golden Pond" but this was far from it. There was no gentle lapping of the water, only waves. Not as rough as the Atlantic though so the kids had fun. I'll post some photos when I get a chance.
3 comments:
Bless your little heart! I stubbed my little toe at the beach and that really hurt.
I made a vow when I retired to never, ever wear uncomfortable shoes again. Comfort is far better than beauty.
Sue
Sorry to hear about your toe - ouch! No fun, huh!? Hope it heals quickly.
Ouch! Hope it heals up quickly!
Post a Comment