Monday, September 30, 2013

Quilt Deuce

A few months ago, I mentioned I'd finished a Faux Chenille Quilt for Jessica.  This weekend I was able to finish Connor's quilt.   Admittedly, I didn't think it would come out as well as Jessica's because he picked some ugly manly colors.  I mean, come on, it's camouflage! IMO there isn't really anything pretty about that. But it is very boy-esque, he chose it, and he likes it... so it works.

I must admit once I finished sewing it I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out.  After I washed it, the quilt took on a completely different look.  It turned out much better than I thought it would.

Here is the before I washed it:


And here is the after:



I think the colors he picked for the layers compliment the front (the camo side) very well. I am really pleased with the way it turned out.... and just in time for cooler weather. He likes it a lot and that is all that matters. 

1 comment:

RETA said...

Your quilt is absolutely beautiful. I LOVE the colors! What a great skill you have - and he is very lucky to have you!
RETA@ http://evenhaazer.blogspot.com