Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The BIG one!


Click here to view these pictures larger


Last Saturday was my 40th birthday.   We spent the morning at the soccer field and watched as Connor and his team won their 2nd game of the season.  They played a great game.  

My parents, sister, and husband all surprised me with an iPad, which I've had my eye on for a while.  It was a huge surprise. Saturday night we went out and had Chinese.  My friend Joey dropped off a card and a bottle of my favorite wine.  And my friend, Kelly,  and her kids came by yesterday. We enjoyed lunch and she brought a birthday cake for us all to share for dessert. 

On Sunday, we gathered at Seets' house in MD to celebrate Amy's confirmation, Oma's 70th, Connor's and my birthdays in one big party.  It was great to see everyone and a great time was had by all. There was no sympathy from any of my in-laws regarding my age.  They all said, "Ha! Welcome to the club!" Scott is enjoying his last few weeks of 39 and then it will be my turn to welcome him to the club as well. 

The temps are dropping pretty quick and it's evident fall is upon us.  I am not opposed to fall, but the problem is what comes after fall that I dread.  I'm already looking forward to April and May when it's green again and the temps warm back up. 

School is in full swing as is soccer, band, piano, play, and tuba.  We are busy but enjoying the time. 


1 comment:

Jen said...

Happy Happy Birthday Tracy & Conner!! Sounds like you all are doing great--and I'm envious of your cool Fall weather, it's still 105 here!! All is well here, staying busy with all the boys in school now, church classes & sports:)