Our week started by celebrating Father's Day. We took Scott to IHOP for breakfast. We all ate ourselves sick but it was good! Later that day, Scott left for an overseas TDY. The rest of the week was filled with sleeping late, sleepovers, PT appointments, piano lessons, and swimming.
Yesterday, Jessica, Connor, and I joined some girls from Jessica's soccer team and made the trek to Kings Dominion. In preparation for our trip, on Wed. night I washed a load of beach towels so I could take some clean ones with us to Kings Dominion. I tossed them in the dryer and went to fold them and they were still soaking wet. So, I realized my dryer was tumbling but there's no heat. Fantastic! Now I have a huge load of soaking wet beach towels. I draped them over doors and wherever I could find a place and most were dry by morning.
We left early yesterday for the park. It was HOT! I totally get why we had heat advisory warnings yesterday. No kidding! Thankfully, most people had good sense and actually LISTENED when the national weather service advised staying indoors for the day. We rode a few coasters and then spent the rest of the day at the water park. It was nice staying cool in the pool and the water slides. The pavement was so hot we all burned the bottoms of our feet from the scorching hot concrete. Trying to get to sleep seemed impossible due to the fact that my feet were throbbing when I got into bed.
Got home from KD and Scott was home. We are always happen to seem him when he gets back from a trip. "Welcome home, dear. And, oh by the way... the dryer is broken and I've got about 6 load of laundry to do." :-) Scott is, of course, jet lagged, and goes to bed when we do.
So, today I have got to do laundry because we are leaving for NY tomorrow to see Anything Goes with some friends. The kids are looking forward to a weekend with Aunt Seets.
Even though my dryer is broken, which is a tremendous inconvenience, I am still grateful. It could be A LOT worse. It could be the dead of winter. At least I have the hot,warm sun to help speed up the drying times. I'm blessed I am not still at Edwards because the amount of dust we had flying around at all times would have been problematic if I took them outside to dry. I also realized how thankful I am to have not lived in the same time period as Caroline Ingalls who had to wash clothes by hand and hang them to dry all the time. I realize Caroline had a lot less clothes to wash and dry. However, I'm still thankful my dryer will get fixed (eventually) and I won't have to hang all my clothes out to dry for too much longer. In the meantime, my backyard will continue to look like this:

2 comments:
You need a clothesline.
cute blog
follow each other?
http://luckyfashionaffair.blogspot.co.uk/
xx
Post a Comment