- Kids started school. Jessica in 8th and Connor in 5th. Both are doing well.
- Connor is playing football
- Both kids started piano lessons
- Connor turned 11 on the 11th
- Birthday party for Connor and had the whole family come over (minus Allie) for a BBQ (Fun times!)
- Ren Fest in Annapolis with the MD McLarens and part of the Kirks
- Jessica joined the drama club
- Scott has been TDY
- A trip to Kings Dominion
- Both kids caught a cold and are just about over them and have passed it on to me
- Our friends the Powers had their first child, a baby girl Hayley who is having a little trouble but appears to be on the mend. (Praying for you guys) I wish I could kiss her fat cheeks!!!
- Bryan had his first round of chemo. 1 down, 11 to go. So far no major side effects. We are still praying for them.
- More football...
- My sister Kelly and their family lost their beloved yellow Lab, Sedona. We are so sad for them knowing she was their first "child" and how much they are missing her. She was a faithful and loyal friend and member of their family and will always be loved. There is a void that can't be filled. We love you guys and grieve with you all.
- Tracy had a birthday and turned... 29 AGAIN! (actually, 38 for those keeping track)
- Our basement had minor flooding when the hurricane came through and we lost all the carpeting and a portion of the drywall in the basement. We are in the process of getting new flooring and the basement put back together. I really hope our landlords get it finished soon because.....
- Connor joined the band and will try out the trumpet. The basement (with the door closed) would be a great place to practice.
- Tracy's Dad returned from a 5 week trip to Cambodia safely on Thursday. He had a good trip and we are thankful he arrived back safely
- And still, more football??
- Tracy's finally been able to get back to the gym. (Wahoo! ) It feels good to be back.. well, at least that what I keep telling myself when I'm so sore from squats and lunges I can barely sit.
- Tracy started a Precept Bible Study one morning a week.
- My friend Rachel called to chat and we plan on getting together for lunch in the near future
- My friend and former roommate, Ramona, stopped by to say hello. It made my day! Thanks for stopping by Ramona.
- Got an email from my friend Jamie to catch up. She admitted she stalks my blog so I told her I'd give her a shout out. Hey Jamie! Glad you are reading even though you never comment :-)
- All of us are missing our friends from Edwards.... (makes us sad some days... some of us more than others it seems)
- Connor's football team will wear pink shoe laces in their cleats and pink breast cancer awareness stickers on their helmets for the month of October. We keep telling him, "Real men wear pink!" I love the idea!
- Did I mention the insane amount of football?
- School fundraisers.... (HATE THEM) If you got something in the mail.. sorry I had to choose 7 addresses.. just pitch em'!
- Reconnecting with old friends- Greg and Molly and making new ones
- Still friends we want to have dinner with but haven't had the time. Doc and Laura, the Gordons, Jen & Brian, Greg and Molly etc. etc. We haven't forgotten you.
- I already mentioned the football, didn't I?
Saturday, October 01, 2011
Updates
It's been a really busy September! Too much to tell so I'll give you some highlights..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I get tired just reading about your busy life.
WOW....you've been busy busy...glad to hear you all are doing well!! The boys actually decided not to do any sports this Fall, and to start up again in Jan.....we do do alot of roller blading, skateboarding, and bike riding:)
Enjoy that Football, and say hi to the family for us!!
Take Care,
Jen
Hey, did you mention football? I feel your pain my friend! But I do love watching Zach play!! I bet Connor loves it! Hug to all the family! Thanks for allowing me to Stalk your blog!! Love catching up with ya!!
I made the list :)! I loved that morning with you. Looking forward to getting together again :).
Post a Comment