Monday, May 30, 2011

Chest Deep

Boxes, packing paper, and stuff are everywhere you look in our house. We are chest deep in boxes preparing for our move. The truck comes in a few days. Did I mention we're doing a full DITY? For those non military types DITY stands for do it yourself. Basically we are packing our all of our stuff, loading it on the truck and then unloading it at the other end. Thankfully, somebody else is driving it across country. When I mentioned to one of my girlfriends a few months ago we were contemplating a full dity she immediately said, "OH, DON'T DO IT! Trust me. If you value your marriage and sanity, don't do it."

However, so far so good. We're on schedule and just about have the whole house packed up except for a few odds and ends. Scott and I aren't ready to kill each other. So far, so good. We'll see how it goes actually loading and unloading the truck.

We are excited for a change and to begin again but are dreading the goodbyes. That part is hard and completely unavoidable. There will be lots of tears.
I guess I should go set aside a few boxes of tissues before they get packed!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Good byes are always painful. The anticipation is always exciting. So many emotions to deal with. Yes, lots of tissues will be required.

Deborah said...

I think you might be ready to kill each other if you weren't leaving Edwards!! Do you need anything on this end? Wish I were going tobe here to see you!! I soooo hope Wes and Conner can see each other again before Matt leaves!! Miss you!!