Friday, April 01, 2011

Ch Ch Ch Changes

Happy Spring.

I love watching how things seems to come back to life in the spring. Trees get tiny new bright green leaves, the desert floor actually has color to it with beautiful yellow and purple flowers, and the earth seems to "start over again." Whereas winter is a time of ending and dying, spring is a time of new beginnings and rebirth.

This year spring brings a new beginning for us as well. We received assignment news and will be moving in early June. We are heading back "home" to the east coast and will make our new home in Northern Virginia.

I have mixed emotions about moving on. I usually do. If you've read my blog for a long period of time, it's no secret that this was not my favorite location for an assignment. However, we've spent almost a quarter of Scott's career here at this base. We've been in for almost 15 years and will have been here for 4.5 years when we move. We've moved 2 times and lived in 3 different houses while living here. We've made deep friendships with people and have truly grown to love people at this base. Leaving and saying goodbye is the hard part, as it always is. I will miss the people and other things about living here. I'll miss days like yesterday and today where we'll have 90 degree weather and beautiful sun... in March and April.

As with good there is usually bad. I will not miss the gale fore hurricane strength wind we get on most days. Nor the 40 mile drive across the desert to get to Target or Walmart. I could list many more things I won't miss as well but the truly important things aren't those things. The important stuff for me is the relationships we've made with people and families. There are some truly amazing fantastic people that I will miss tremendously. My heart hurts to think of leaving them and our life here.

But, with life, especially military life, there is always change. So we look toward the next phase and begin again. And as it is often said, "All roads lead to Edwards" so there is a great possibility that we will return here again sometime in the future.

But for now, we prepare to move across the country once again and plant roots somewhere else. We will be living closer to family and friends than we've lived in 15years. And for that we are excited and thankful.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Maybe we will get to see you!
I have no doubt you will be surrounded by new friends quickly, but it is always sad to leave people we love.

Tracy said...

I'd love to see you. It's been a long time.