Back to School time.... Mom's are celebrating with pitchers of margaritas and bottles of wine as they send their little angels back to school. Teachers are drinking margaritas and wine as well, although I doubt they are celebrating. Hey, does that mean if you're a Mom and you teach, you get to double dip???:-)
Well, Oma (Scott's mom) gave it the old college try. She left to go home on Tuesday after being here for a month patiently waiting for Scott's first F-35 flight. If you remember from my previous post, it was supposed to be the week of July 12th but for various reasons, it kept slipping. So, we're hoping for sometime next week. We'll see. He's in Ft. Worth this week and will be back later this week.
I got a new cell phone this week. I got the Droid X and love it. It's a great phone. It's like I have my own mini mobile command center. Very cool and very fun. I'm especially liking the fact that it syncs up with my gmail calendar. Extremely convenient!
Kids started school last week. Sports begin in a few weeks. Connor signed up for flag football this year but there may not be enough players signed up to form a league. If football doesn't work, he'll join Jessica in playing soccer again this year. We're all hoping for a "broken bone free" season this year.
Since Jessica is legal babysitting age, she's got a pretty full babysitting schedule. Crazy! How is she old enough to babysit? When did that happen?
We're heading to San Diego in a few weeks to go camping with some friends. We're going to try and squeeze in Legoland and maybe Sea World while we're there. I am ready to get out of the desert heat.
One of my nephews started Kindergarten this week.
And, one of my nieces is starting college in a few weeks. Make us proud, Allie.
I've got tons of nieces and nephews. I wish we lived closer to all of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment