Thursday, December 10, 2009

December

Why is December always such a busy month? Shopping to get done, gifts to choose, gifts to buy, gifts to wrap, gifts to ship, baking to do, cookies to decorate, parties to attend, piano recitals to attend,volunteering at MOPS, Small Group, helping out at AWANA, sewing, and a bunch of other stuff. I really don't like being that busy all at once. It tends me make me a little crazy... But tis' the season I guess. Oh, and I've still got Christmas cards to get out!

We've been attending the gospel service on base since the service we were attending was done away in August. The music is pretty amazing. Last week, the choir and our worship leader, Sister Linda Bowling, did an amazing job on His Eye Is On The Sparrow. Have you ever heard it? I've been humming the refrain everyday this week. When Scott came home from work on Monday I was humming the refrain and he said, "I've had that song in my head all day!"

Here are the Lyrics:

Why should I feel discouraged, why should the shadows come,
Why should my heart be lonely, and long for heav’n and home,
When Jesus is my portion? My constant Friend is He:
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.
Refrain:
I sing because I’m happy, I sing because I’m free,
For His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.
“Let not your heart be troubled,” His tender word I hear,
And resting on His goodness, I lose my doubts and fears;
Though by the path He leadeth, but one step I may see;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.
Whenever I am tempted, whenever clouds arise,
When songs give place to sighing, when hope within me dies,
I draw the closer to Him, from care He sets me free;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.


I hope all of you are enjoying this season with your loved ones, family, and friends.

3 comments:

Mom said...

You just explained why December is so busy.It is good to have wonderful songs to help us cope with all the busyness.

AM Kingsfield said...

I love that song too! Not a big CofC one though, so we didn't discover it until we got out a bit.

just me said...

enjoy your holidays... ours starts tonight!