Thursday, December 17, 2009

A Chrismtas Miracle

Do you see it? The pink thing. Yeah, right there at the top.

This is the first time a Christmas Cactus I've owned has ever bloomed! Mom, can you believe it!? My mom has given me several starters from her plant and I've killed every single one of them. Not intentionally, it just happens. This one, my friend Kelly gave me a few months ago and I told her I always kill them but she insisted I take it anyway. I called her to tell her the good news and she said, "Huh, mine isn't doing a thing!"

Maybe she gave me the wrong plant. Kelly, if you want this one back, I'll trade you. :-)

2 comments:

Mom said...

I'm impressed - very pretty

AM Kingsfield said...

I'm trying to become a green thumb too, but mine is usually black. I don't have one of these. They look pretty in the store, all covered in blossoms, but I've heard they are quite finicky.
Merry Christmas!