Friday, March 27, 2009

Only A Pilot's Child

The kids and I drove down to Santa Monica this morning for Jessica's bone density scan. We got there in pretty good time. Scott's is TDY this week so he couldn't go with us. We won't have the results for a week or so. I'll keep you posted.

So we're on the 405 headed home around 11:15 and, as usual, there is tons of traffic. It's moving really well though but there's a lot of it. The kids are happily eating their drive-thru Mc Donalds meals in the back seat and we're making great time. We didn't even get bottle necked at the Getty!

Anyway, all of the sudden I see out of my peripheral vision this car next to me speeding up and slowing down over and over again. There's nobody in front of them in that lane so I'm thinking "WHAT are they doing?" Then, they start honking. I'm scared to look over in case this is some crazy road rage random weird thing! Trying to look casual, I slowly look over and there is my husband waving at me!"

I scream, "Look! There's Daddy!" Both of the kids at the exact same time go, "WHERE?!" As I'm pointing I say, "Right, there!" And again, simultaneously, both say "WHERE????" I look in the rear view mirror and they both have their faces smashed on the glass looking out their window up at the sky. I said, "Not in a plane! Right there, in the car in front of us!"

Only a pilot's child would be on a freeway with thousands of cars and look up at the sky when you say, "Look, there's Daddy!" I laughed so hard.

As crazy busy as the 405 is and with the amount of traffic what are the odds that we'd be be going home, he from LAX and us from Santa Monica, at the same time and hit the same stretch of freeway at the same time?

Crazy!

3 comments:

Double A's Mom said...

That's insane! What a nice surprise!

Mom said...

Great story

Keri Mayer said...

Love it!