We went to the Orthopedic Doc today and got our cast! Oh what a difference a cast makes. I could have kissed the Doctor. I don't know how much more of the excruciating screams of pain I could deal with. It was awful listening to her scream and cry in pain when we'd have to move her. She is still in pain but nothing like the pain we've dealt with the past few days. We'll have the cast for 6-8 weeks. Logistically, it's a nightmare still. Trying to get her use to this heavy cement thing on her leg AND trying to use the crutches are both overwhelming. Not to mention bathing. Now THAT will be fun. I'm sure it will be better and better each day. I'm so thankful she's got the cast to help keep it immobile so it can heal and not cause her so much pain.
I've got a brand new package of permanent markers and the cast is ready for autographs. If you live here and want to stop by and sign the cast, feel free. Give us a call and let us know you are coming. I know Jessica would love the company.
3 comments:
I am so sorry! I hope feels better soon. When Brenna broke her arm she cried so much she got sick in the urgent care waiting room. Brenna got this new lining for her cast made by gortex (i think) which ables you bath or swim with outcovering it. It was GREAT! We had to pay extra but SO worth it.
Laura
Laura,
No gortex was even discussed. So it's trash bag over the leg and hang the leg over the edge of the tub city for us. We're going to try and tackel the bath this afternoon.
Get a bath tub chair so she can prop her leg easily on the side of the tub. You have my blessings, Tracy. It will be a long 6 weeks. Ann broke her leg just over a year ago. She has completely healed and seldom thinks about it any more, though wearing high heels is hard.
Post a Comment