Sunday, April 13, 2008

Mission

Earlier this year we studied about different Missions that were established in California in the 1700's. We chose San Juan Capistrano and built a model of it of a few months ago. This weekend, we took a trip down to San Juan Capistrano and went to see it in person. The kids were a little perplexed as to why it didn't look too much like our model. We had to explain why the original church's walls and roof weren't there anymore. (250 years built out of adobe doesn't hold up so well) The grounds were amazing. There were tons of gorgeous flowers and beautiful fountains around the grounds. The weather was gorgeous and we had a great day. On the way home, we stopped and I took a photo of the kids in some wild flowers.

It was a really relaxing day spent with family.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun! Love the pictures! :)

Malia

Mom said...

When I was a kid we visited many of the old missions. I love that part of California mission.
had the swallows returned?

Tracy said...

I was told they return every year on or about March 19th.

Jen said...

Tracy,

It looks like you had a beautiful day!! When my sister & I were kids, my parents used to take us to the missions in CA....many wonderful memories!
Hope you all are doing great!!
Say hi to the kiddos!