And they keep on coming...
Jessica had softball practice tonight. While she was practicing, Scott and Connor took Roxy to a field to let her run off the leash for a while. They came back over to where I was and Connor came up to me and said, "Mom, I found TONS of lady bugs over there. It's like a plantation of lady bugs!" I said, "Really? How cool!" Then he says, "Hey mom, I saw 2 lady bugs.. one was an orange one,(a boy one) and one was a red one, (a girl) and they were on top of each other. Why were they doing that?" I, trying to keep a straight face said, "What do you think they were doing?" Connor says, "I don't know, I think they were married or something." So, I did what any good, responsible mother would do. I told him to go ask his Dad.
I watch Connor walk over to Scott and ask him and then Scott looks up and looks over at me and gives me "the look." All you married folks know exactly what look that is. A few minutes later Connor came back over to stand by me. I said, "Connor what did Daddy say about the lady bugs?" Connor said, "I told Daddy I thought they were married or something like that,and Daddy said, "Yeah, it's probably something like that."
I said, "Actually Connor the lady bugs were making lady bug babies." He got this shocked,horrified look on his face and then said, "OH NO!! I took them apart, I didn't know!!!" Then he started to get really upset like he'd done a horrible thing. I said, "It's O.K. Connor, they'll just do it again." Then I said, "And besides, maybe they were just playing leap frog anyway." He looked up and me and smiled a huge smile and started to laugh hysterically and said, "Leap Frog.. that's funny. Mommy you are really funny! I love you," then he gave me a huge big hug.
I love the boy!
3 comments:
So I guess that would be the birds and the bugs talk.
Well done, Mom.
I don't know-- showering with Marines and now lady bugs in compromising positions?!? LOL Your last posts have certainly given me some good laughs!
Too funny!
Post a Comment