Monday, March 10, 2008

Windy Weather

It is crazy windy here....Something like 70 MPH wind gusts. I had to go to the commissary this morning and I felt like Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz. Trying to even walk was difficult. I hate it when it's windy here. It take your car door OFF if you don't hold onto it.

I went to a Brave Writer conference last weekend in Michigan with a friend of mine to check out a language arts curriculum we were thinking of using next year. The conference was great and we both got a lot out of it. I had an Edwards appreciation moment while in Michigan. It was COLD in Michigan and we saw piles and piles and piles of snow. I don't miss snow and don't like the cold. So, I appreciated living in a relatively mild climate.

My very good friend Rebecca and her kiddos are flying in next Friday. The moms and kids are going to brave Disneyland (with the rest of Southern CA, I'm sure) for a few days and then head to the beach for a day. I can't wait to see them. They've never been to California so they are excited about the trip too.

No comments: