Well, we're moving again. Unfortunately, not do a different base in a different state, just moving to a new house on base. As I've mentioned before our house is... shall we say, "old" and has a swamp cooler. Connor has been on antibiotics for 7 of the 12 months we've lived in this house. His pediatrician suggested we have him tested for allergies so we did. The test revealed that the only thing out of 40 different things he was allergic to was Alternaria which is a type of mold. Well, our swamp cooler is a breeding ground for mold. Our pediatrician suggested we have the house tested.
I'll spare you the boring details and just fast forward to the fact that we will be moving hopefully within the next month or so to a brand new house on base that has NO SWAMP COOLER and happens to be 235 more sq. feet than we have now!!!!
We are very thankful to be moving to a home that will hopefully end the need for Connor to be taking antibiotics for months at a time. This will be our 8th move in almost 12 years. Moving less than a mile is no less work then moving across the country. Too bad it's not that latter. This will be our first DITY (do it yourself) move and will probably be the last. It'll be interesting. We have great friends who are willing to lend a hand for the small fee of cold beer and pizza. We will be happy to provide plenty of both.
9 comments:
Drats! When I first read your title I thought maybe you were moving out to Florida! Yippee, though that you are getting a new house on base! I think that will make Edwards more bearable. Easy for me to say though since we are now in Paradise. There are no neighbors here like the McLarens. We miss you guys so much!!!
I didn't really mean to be anonymous, but I couldn't figure out how else to leave my name!!
Okay so I now figured it out! I am so not computer savvy!
Tracy-
Yay! I'm so glad you got a house. Now if you could just send some of that good Housing vibe our way...
P.S. Hi Deborah!
Tracy, that's great news! You do understand, that will mean another trip to Edwards for me. Right? Anywaay, I'm all for the pizza ans beer thing. Let me know when. I'm bringing my clubs this time though. The weather there is more appropriate for golf then the weather here. Although we did geet up into the 70's a few days ago. Looking forward to hearing when the move is. Todd-Tony
We moved a mile from old to new home in our town this summer- and you are right - it is just as much work!! Hooray for friends and I can't blame them- there isn't much I wouldn't do for those rewards as well! :) I was secretly hoping it was going to say Texas....Glad Connor will be away from his allergy enemy- that is no fun.
Brenda,
Texas would have been great! No dice, though.
Todd Tony- Shweetie, you are welcome ANYTIME! (I can think of a million better places to golf though) Hopefully the next time we see you will be in your neighborhood, not ours. Scott might get the keys tomorrow morning but we won't know until then. XOXO
Poor Conner! I'm glad you were able to sleuth out the problem and find a solution that benefits everyone.
Hi Tracy,
Well that's good that you now know why connor has been so sick, and now he will have some relief! Good luck with the move and let us know your new address!
Thank God, Jacob is doing much better! He's even slowly beginning to eat some dairy products, and he's doing fine!!
Have a great day, and say hi to the family!!
Jen
Post a Comment