Friday, November 30, 2007

Rain and Roof Leaks

Well, it did something here it hasn't done in... well, so long I can't remember the last time. It rained today! I don't mean drizzled or sprinkled I mean actually poured down rain. I woke up to it and it has rained hard all day. We needed the rain so I shouldn't complain. Except....

Of course, the roof is leaking. Our particular are of housing has officially been "condemned" but isn't scheduled for demolition until December of 2009. So imagine my joy when I came home to find water leaking near a beam that separates our dining room and kitchen. Scott is (of course) TDY so I called maintenance. Maintenance came and put something up there to stop the leak. The previous occupant told us it leaked in the same place but that it had been fixed. Apparently not.

On a much brighter note... 8 days until graduation! It has been a LONG year and I think we will all be glad when he graduates.

No comments: