Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Quakes and Cakes

Apparently I slept through an earthquake last night! I guess it was only a 4.5 mag but a few of our wives said it woke them up around 1:45 am and their houses were shaking and windows were rattling. It didn't last very long. Bummer I missed it! I'm glad it wasn't a major one because I'm not sure our houses could withstand it.

The last few cakes I've made for people happen to have been baby shower cakes. I made one last weekend and it came out pretty cute. We don't know if the baby is a he/she so I went with the ducky theme. I had never tried doing a mold of the ducky before but I liked the way the cake turned out. I'll have to try it again sometime. Sorry- the picture is a little blurry.



The cake before that one was for a baby girl. Baby girl cakes are easier for me to be creative with for some reason. Maybe it's because you can be more frilly. It was my first attempt at making the fondant bow and I was so nervous about being able to make it. But, Jen came to my rescue and helped me tweak it. Man, I have talented friends!




Thanks, Malia. Firefox worked!!

Connor's sinus infection still is hanging on even after 10 days of antibiotics. We went back today to the peds doc and he got a sinus x-ray of my sons sinuses. They aren't pretty. Connor earned himself a whopping 30 days of antibiotics. When he said 30 days I was thinking, "Shoot me now! I can barely remember 3 X a day for 10 days and now I am expected to remember it for a month! This is going to painful.. for both of us!" If this will get rid of the perpetual fountain of thick, nasty, yellow snot and the "smoker's cough" he's had for a month... I'll do it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What Internet browser are you using? When I blogged on Blogger, I found that I had better luck uploading pictures when I was using Firefox instead of Internet Explorer. Firefox is a Google product, as is Blogger, so they seem to be a bit more compatible! It's a free download. I actually use it for all my Internet browsing needs. The only time I uses IE anymore is to watch shows on ABC/NBC/CBS websites. For some reason, Firefox doesn't like to stream those videos.

Hope that helps!!

Anonymous said...

I would love to see some of your cakes. I am tking course 3 of wiltons I love it but I can't seem to find time to make cakes.

Laura

Anonymous said...

We just learned the bow last week.

Jen said...

Tracy......your cakes are so awesome.....you are so talented!!

Hope Connor is feeling better soon!

Mom said...

Only a mom could write a post about beautiful cakes and nasty snot in the same post.

Ramona said...

Hi! Those cakes are amazing, the second one made me think of cakes I had seen on Food Network! Great work! And, since I can't seem to get a formal thank you note out the door... THANK YOU for the adorable towel. It is so cute, soft and a great size. It was such a fun treat to receive a package one day when I was sitting outside and not expecting it. Thank you so much for your kindness! I love you! :), Ramona

Tanya said...

Love the cakes!