Scott left with his TPS class this morning for a 2 week TDY. He'll be in Texas, Florida, and Maryland the first week. The second week he'll be in France flying in an exchange program at the French Test Pilot School. I know, it's a hardship TDY, poor guy. Having to go to France and all is just such a tremendous sacrifice for him. BAHA! I am insanely jealous and would love to go back to France. Some of us wives were talking tonight about whether we were getting our husbands graduation gifts. I laughed and said, "BAH! Scott is getting an all expensed paid trip to France without me! That is his gift!"
So TBLTPSCES are hanging out for the next 2 weeks. Deborah and I are going to see how long we can go without having to cook dinner. So far, I've got plans and we're good through Tuesday of this week. I will probably have to break down and cook on Wednesday. My wonderfully sweet and talented friend Jennifer has planned a ton of activities (around the not having to cook theme) for us to do over the next few weeks to keep us all occupied. Thank you Jen!
Tomorrow is both Scott's and my mom's birthday. Happy Birthday to two people I love very much. I hope you both have a wonderful day!
4 comments:
Graduation gift??!! I must have left the party before that came up! My gift to Matt is living here at Edwards for a year in sub standard housing. 8-)
What a wonderful band of girlfriends you have!
Easy with the "sub-standard" housing comments.. SOME of us get to stay in that now officially labled "condemned" housing. Not ALLof us get to move to paradise in less than 2 months and find a new house bigger than a cracker box to live in. :-)
At least my doorbell works. LOL!
I am grateful for the house we have. I just hope there isn't a gas leak and that the roof holds up another 3 years.
Yes, AM I am blessed. I have a fantastic group of girlfriends. I hope you are on the mend and feeling better.
Hope your 2 weeks goes well.....and you have some nice bonding time with your kiddos:).....And yes, I agree, when the husband is gone, it's simple meal time, and as limited cooking as possible:)
Jacob is hanging in there. They're going to do an endescope/biopsy to do further allergy testing. It could either be this Friday, Nov. 1st, or Nov. 9th, we're just waiting for our insurance to approve the procedure. He's continuing to be very happy!! I'll keep you posted!
Say hi to the kiddos and Scott!!
Post a Comment