Thursday, September 06, 2007

Breakfast and a Show

This morning at breakfast the kids were sitting at the breakfast bar eating. I am not fully awake yet and all of the sudden I hear Jessica screaming at the top of her lungs, "A Coat T, a Coat T, a Coat t!" I whip around, because she's scared me to death and I said, "A WHAT???" She's pointing out the kitchen window frantically with a mouth full of muffin saying, "A Coat T!" I look out the window and see what all the excitement was about... a coyote just walking through the yard looking for some breakfast. He then proceeded to walk up the middle of the street past our house. As I came out of the house to try and get a picture I heard by neighbor, Deborah coming out the door to get her son headed out on his bike to school. Deborah is my closest neighbor. She lives 3 houses up the street. All of the houses between us are vacant. I couldn't see her but I could hear Ryan (her youngest) fussing so I called up the street and said, "Deborah," not seeing me either she says, "YEAH?" "Um, there's a coyote headed your way, he's across the street from your house." Then I hear complete silence for a few seconds and then she says a slow, "O.... K...."

It was comical. I guess you'd have to live her to appreciate it.

Ahh... living at Edwards.. there's no place on earth quite like it.

5 comments:

Double A's Mom said...

I've had a couple close "Coat T" sightings too here over the past few weeks. I'm thinking that they're going to take over the neighborhood and actually be the ones kicking us out of our houses, not the government!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Another blog with my name in it. I told Wes that morning to just not look at the ugly thing and ride his bike as quickly as he could down our street. Not sure if that was good advice or not! At least you like animals, Tracy.

Tracy said...

Animals yes, but not mangy looking wild coyotes. I do have limits, Deborah!

Mom said...

I don't think I would want to ride a bike on the same street with a Coat T.

Jen said...

Tracy......we had a "Coat T" experience here in Surprise. Last spring, Dave & Eli weere coming home from baseball practice, and there was a Coat T in front of our house! Since then, Eli gets very nervous going outside at night!