Friday, August 24, 2007

Write It Down

My friend Deborah had a dental appointment earlier this week and had to cancel it because she was sick. They earliest they could reschedule for was for this afternoon. Yesterday, she asked if I could watch her younger 2 so she could go. I had nothing going on so I said I would.

This morning, we went to the park and just hung out. Since I have a cake to make this weekend for a baby shower, I thought I'd get a jump start on it and make the icing. Around 1:30 the phone rings and it's Deborah and the conversation goes like this:

"Uh, Hi Tracy."

"Hi, Deborah."

"What are you up to?"

"Oh I'm just working on the cake for Sunday."

"Um... Can you still watch my kids for my dental appointment?"

I felt SO bad. What an idiot. I am so not forgetful like that and I hate it when I do things like that. I write everything on the calendar so that kind of stuff doesn't happen but guess what? I didn't write it down!

UGH... So I rushed over (she's only 3 houses away) so she could leave. And I feel bad for her because it's awkward to have to call someone and say, "Uh, can you do the thing you said you were going to do.. now?" Not to mention the dentist is a good 30-40 minutes away.

Sorry, Deborah. I promise I'll write it down next time!

4 comments:

Double A's Mom said...

Oh no! I'm sure Deborah understood though.

By the way, can't wait to see the cake on Sunday!

Mom said...

You're a bit young to having senior moments.

Anonymous said...

I feel so honored to have a BLOG written about me. And you said there was nothing to write about here at Edwards...

Anonymous said...

Every August I'm on the list at church to help provide food for families with illness, new babies, bereavement, shut-ins, etc. Last year, the August coordinator called me and asked to provide a meal for a family that has a chronic illness. These are dear friends of ours and I was more that happy to oblige. But I didn't write it down. And I forgot! I was so upset and embarrassed. I called my friend and apologized profusely, she was gracious and said it was okay, that they'd had enough food brought to them that week and they had plenty. But I still felt so bad!

Last month, I was asked again to take food to that family. I immediately wrote it down!! Didn't want to forget two years in a row!