Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Winding Down and Wrapping Up

It's been a while since I've posted. I've been on a sewing binge. I'm finally over that and now it's time to start wrapping things up to get ready for our move. Our last game of soccer is Saturday, and Jessica's piano recital is on Sunday. My last day of teaching the preschoolers at church is in a few weeks. It's time to start watching what I buy at the grocery store so the less we have in the pantry for the movers to pack the better. It stinks having to cook what you have in your pantry. It never fails what I "want" to have, I don't have the ingredients for. (of course) Then there's the tiny details of getting the tires rotated, an oil change, travel plans, hotel reservations(finding one's that taken dogs over 50 lbs.. good luck!), draining the oil and gas from the lawn mower, using up the propane in the grill, one last hair cut, last dental appointments, and getting all our school records in order. OH, and don't forget the planning on what to pack.

My pre-move agenda has me pretty busy.

I hope everyone is enjoying fall and is looking forward to Halloween with the kiddos!

3 comments:

AM Kingsfield said...

I didn't hear where you're going. East would be cool!

I'm interested in the metaphor of using up the odds and ends in our pantries. We all have stuff we've forgotten about. It's good to inventory all those things and use 'em up.

Just because you're used to moving doesn't make the task list sound any less overwhelming. I still live in my hometown, so I haven't moved much - just enough to know it's a pain. But then there's the allure of a clean slate. Don't forget to breathe!

Tracy said...

Unfortuantely, we are headed the opposite direction- California.

It feels great to have everything cleaned out and less cluttered before you move. It's miserable to unpack a box and then think, where am I going to put this??? So, it gets shoved somewhere in the haste of unpacking and then in a few years, you unpack it again! I'm (finally) throwing away all the stuff we've moved 3, 4, or 5 times now and haven't needed. It feels good, I just wish it was done. My added incentive is that we have to live on base at the next assignment and will be living in a whopping 1409 sq ft. house. Now THAT is going to be painful!

On the pantry note, it makes me sick to think about all the food we pitch when move. Ketchup, Mustard, pickles, ginger, soysauce, etc. etc. They will pack canned goods so those are no big deal. I just seems like such a waste.....

The children's rooms must be done while they are at school or I'd be able to throw nothing away. Everything piece of trash is Jessica's most prized treasure.

Yes, breathing is good. It will all get done, it always does it's just overwhelming to think about all the stuff I'd like to get to before we go.

Tanya said...

Good luck with your move. I hope it goes smoothly and stress free :)