Monday, May 08, 2006

Horrible Mommy

I have been the "worst mommy ever" and been "horrible" (if you ask Connor) the past few days. I am the worst mommy ever for taking his freedom away to play on hotwheels.com and his Pac-man video game for hitting Jessica. I'm horrible because I told him he had to go to a Soccer clinic and he didn' t want to go. Of course, I think I'm on his good side again.. until he asks to play a video game and I have to remind him he's lost the freedom. What's a mom to do????

Scott came home from work "early" (it's a relative term for those of you whose husband's come home and the same time every evening) and surprised me and said, "Wanna go out to dinner?" Um, let's see, I haven't thawed anything, I won't have to cook or clean up the kitchen. After a split second, I agreed. We went to Logan's and it was delicious. Scott took the kids to the bathroom and the waitress said to me "I have to say, your kids are some of the best behaved and well mannered kids I have ever seen... and I see a lot in here. " I thanked her and then of course, grinned from ear to ear. We do have awesome kids.

My drain is fixed. It took him 3 times to "unsnake" my drain but he got it done.

Only 2 more weeks of soccer! HALLELUJAH! And only 5 weeks until we go to see my sister and her family in the Bahamas. Yeah!

4 comments:

Tanya said...

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only "worst/horrible" mommy there is - ha! Only 2 more weeks of soccer for us, too - WAHOO! We have about a month left of t-ball and baseball, though. Going to the Bahamas...I'm jealous!!

Thanks for commenting on my blog - your comment made me happy :)

Tracy said...

You are more than welcome for the comment. I also have a degree in Early Childhood Education so I "get it." Interesting that you went to a NAEYC conference several years ago. I belonged to NAEYC forever, a lot of years ago, and somewhere between moves, I let the membershp slip.

For me it's totally a pride thing. When ever anyone says anything remotely negative about my kids I immediately go on the defensive because after all, if there's something "wrong" with the kids, it's clearly the MOM'S fault right? If she did a better job of parenting her kids, they wouldn't do that or say that or whatever. Blah Blah Blah Blah

I know my kids. And I'm sure you know your kids well too. I know when mine are being "bad" and when they are being "misunderstood." I just tell myself that I know my kids are good kids and that's all that matters.

If you ever doubt your parenting, just watch 5 minutes of Super Nanny and you'll realize that your children are absolute ANGELS and that you are the perfect mother! HA

AM Kingsfield said...

Your kids are great because you are such a mean mom.
Way to go!
Ann
(Your sister is living in the Bahamas? or just visiting?)

Tracy said...

Living. They moved about a year ago.