Thursday, May 04, 2006

Clogged Drains

Why is it when things go wrong they couldn't go wrong at a worse time?
I was supposed to be baking cakes today for our friend's son's 1st Birthday.
But, as I headed dutifully down to the basement to start laundry, I noticed that the floor was wet and upon further examination realized that the utility sink has overflowed onto the floor! (and is continuing to run onto the floor) So, I called our landlord and they are sending a plumber. (Our landlords are great, by the way) The plumber's wife called and said that he couldn't come by until this afternoon at the earliest and if not, first thing tomorrow. She said it sounded like the main drain is backed up so any water we use is going to continue to come back up the utility sink. GREAT! So, without being able to use water, I am unable to wash dishes, which makes it difficult to wash pans and bowls I need for icing and batter. I had to call our friend and tell them I couldn't make the cake. SO frustrating! I know it's out of my control but still.. UGH! Yesterday I made 5 lbs of fondant that I won't be using today. UGH!

Hopefully we'll be "unstopped" this afternoon. It's hard to be in the house and not use any water.

No comments: