Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sharing and Suffering

Well, the kids shared their colds with me and it pretty much bulldozed me over. It's been a doozy. I'm finally feeling a bit better but still have a few days ahead of me before I'm 100%. Thanks for sharing, kids.

Last Friday, the kids and I were privileged to be here to welcome a fallen Marine back home. The remains of Lance Cpl. Joseph C. Lopez, United States Marine Corps, of Rosamond, Calif., returned home from combat operations in Afghanistan at 10am on Friday. We joined other active duty military members and base civilians to show our respect and appreciation. As the procession made its way from Edwards to his final resting place military members saluted and civilians placed their hands over their hearts until the last of the procession passed where we stood. It was a moving and humbling experience- one that I'm glad we were able to witness.

After sharing with a friend that we attended Friday she told me about this song, Angel Flight. I had not heard of the term Angel Flight until I watched the video and heard the song. Here is a You Tube video of them talking about how the song was written, and what an Angel Flight is. Have you heard it? The words are powerful.


3 comments:

Mom said...

Oh Tracy, I am just sitting here crying now.
John is working on C 130s now. Todd is safely home for now.

Tracy said...

Mom,
It's different listening to that song when you have family serving in the military isn't it?

Tracy said...

Mom,
I meant to mention that the first version I heard isn't the "remix" and doesn't have the radio calls heard in this version of the song. I really like this version better because you get to hear the tower and pilots and the respect they have for their fallen comrades. Oh, and I cry every time I hear it, too.