Thursday, October 14, 2010

Gem-O-Rama

I just finished downloading a bunch of photos off of our camera. I realized I haven't posted about anything we've been up to in a while.

This past weekend we went to Trona, CA and went to Gem-O-Rama. It is held in Trona once a year and this was the weekend. We arrived with hundreds of others to dig for minerals in the salt, mud, and muck. Had a great time a found all kind of treasures which are still sitting in the garage in buckets ready to be cleaned with brine so their true beauty can shine through. On the way back we stopped by the Trona Pinnacles. Land of the Lost, Planet of the Apes, Star Wars, and many other sci- fi movies I've never seen were filmed there. We went late in the afternoon and it was beautiful.

Since I haven't posted in a while I'll throw some photos in of our Round the World Progressive Dinner Party (September)we co-hosted, Connor's birthday, camping photos and a few others for good measure. Who knew I was so behind?



School is in full swing and football season is almost over for Connor. Jessica is 1/2 way through soccer and with no broken bones (well, she hasn't had any but a teamate of her's can't say the same) and all is well.

1 comment:

Mom said...

You do have a beautiful family.