Today, I remember 9/11/01 when our country was attacked by terrorists. Today, I remember those that died that day. I also am mindful today of those in our military that our deployed, (and those preparing to be deployed) serving our country as a result of those attacks on our country. And, of Opa,my father-in-law, who passed away 7 years ago today. But most importantly, I am mindful of my son, his birth, his life, and the joy he brings our family)
Today Connor is 9 years old! Connor wanted a sleepover for his party this year. Since we weren't able to do it tonight or tomorrow night, we had 2 friends sleep over last night. Scott is TDY (he's on his way home today) so he missed the sleepover last night, (does that make him lucky or unlucky?) but we'll celebrate again today with just our family. We had lego brick brownies and lego brick ice cream to celebrate and they watched Episode III of Star Wars. I think they all had a good time.
On Labor Day we took the day off and went up to Lake Isabella which is a few hours from here. We went to a little park called Slippery Rock (Gee.. I wonder how they got that name??) and we had a great time. It was beautiful. Roxy gave it a paws up and would love to go back.
On a sad note, Oma (Scott's mom) called to tell me that her sister, Helen passed away last night after a long battle with pancreatic cancer. Helen was a Christian and knew she was going to be with her Lord and Savior. For that reason, we celebrate and rejoice while at the same time we grieve with her family. We love you guys in Omaha and you are all in prayers.
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Connor! Wes would have loved to help you celebrate! Need to find out how your talented mom made those LEGO treats!!!
Happy Birthday to Connor....hope he has a great Birthday weekend!!
Post a Comment