My friend Nicole has introduced me to the wonderful world of
PaperBackSwap. I have traded 10 books that I had sitting on my book shelf for new books I've been wanting to read. If you love to read .. check it out. You list your books by their ISBN number and if somebody has a book on your bookshelf that they want, you get an email saying somebody wants it. If you can mail it, you click "I can mail it." The cool thing is you can print off pre-paid postage from your PC! I don't use the pre-paid because it's a tad more expensive. I do print off the pre-printed mailers though and the required postage amount is already printed on the mailer. Most are mailed via media mail and a few are mailed first class. PBS already knows the weight of the book so it knows what the postage will be. I bought some stamps from the post office and I slap my postage on them and have Scott drop it in the mail box on his way to work. The most I've spent mailing a book (Hardback) was $2.58. The cheapest was $1.38. Once the person receives your book and marks it received, you get a "credit." Then you use your credits to choose new books.
They have all genre and reading levels of books. Authors like Anne Lamott, Janet Evanovich, or Phillipa Gregory. And TONS more..... I've gotten some Star Wars books for Connor and 2 or 3 from the Royal Diaries series for Jessica. They even have preschool/picture books!
I just finished the Good Earth and I'm getting ready to start The History of Love by Nicole Krauss. I can't wait...
If you love to read, check it out, it's AWESOME!!
No comments:
Post a Comment