Well, we've experienced our first earthquake here at Edwards today. We always have sonic booms from the jets that rattle the windows with a "Boom." This lasted maybe 3-5 seconds and the only thing I noticed was the house was shaking/rumbling and my china hutch rattled pretty good and then complete stillness. Apparently it was a 5.8 just outside of Chino Hills which is about 2 hours south of us.
OK, I've been through one and can check it off my list.
3 comments:
Glad to hear everyone is okay. I immediately thought of y'all when I saw the top stories on my MSN page. See, if you had joined us in Florida an earthquake would still be on your list!
True. BUT.. if I was in Florida, I might have been able to check off hurricane at some point. Although, we went through one of those in SC so I guess I've already checked that one.
But thanks for the thought Deborah.. :-)
I grew up in Southern California. Earthquakes were just one of those things. i kind of liked the way our old house would sway - It felt like I was being rocked. If it was a big one everyone got all excited and it gave us good conversation for a few days.
It is good to get all these life experiences checked off without any major trauma involved.
Post a Comment