Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

I had a great Mother's Day! It started off with Jessica and Connor (completely on their own with no help from Dad) bringing me breakfast in bed. I had cereal, toast, grapes, yogurt and one of my beautiful hand painted wine glasses with something that looked very much like red wine in it. As Jessica was very carefully carrying in the tray she says, "Don't worry Mom, it's NOT wine. It's raspberry ice tea!" Scott and I both chuckled. I told Scott I wanted to get a picture so he went to get the camera. As the kids were climbing up, the tray got bumped and the wine glass fell over spilling RED TEA all over the bed. We threw some towels on it and got our photo. I ended up with breakfast in bed AND got a fresh clean set of sheets, too.

Jessica got me geranium, a little candle, and some bath salts. Connor got me an ivy plant and a little candle. Scott bought me a laptop! Yeah! I've been wanting one for a long time. It's very cool and has come in very handy. We came home from church and played a game of Clue together and then they took me to Olive Garden for dinner.

Gum has NOT been my friend lately. Both kids are forbidden to chew anymore until further notice. I'll save that for another time.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Sounds lovely. You are a good mother.