Sunday, September 30, 2007

Disneyland Take 2



Well, We've once again been to the "happiest place on earth." I'm not sure if I agree with this description. To be perfectly honest, if I never had to go back to Disneyland again that would be great. Don't get me wrong.. the kids have a blast, the rides are fun and actually there was only a 10 minute wait on most rides this time. The park wasn't very crowded at all. It's the whole cost involved in going. You can't eat a meal for less than $30.00 per family, then there's the tickets to get INTO the park, then there's lodging, parking, souvenirs and on and on and on.
It just get ridiculous after a while. So you ask, "Then why did you go again?" Scott was attending an SETP (Society of Experimental Test Pilots) conference and was staying on Disney property. The government was paying a large portion of his room cost so we couldn't pass up the chance to stay on property because I can assure you I wouldn't pay the $2++ a night for a room at this place. It was very nice and extremely convenient to be so close to the parks though.

So while Scott worked all day, the kids and I and our friend Nicole hit the parks. We went to Disney and to California Adventure. We had a great time both days. Scott was able to go with us for a few hours each evening into the park with us and ride a few rides. The highlight of our trip was getting on the Splash Mountain ride and having the ride break on us while we were riding it. We had to climb out of the boat and walk along the edge of the "scene" to a stairway and had to walk out. Big disappointment because Connor really wanted Daddy to get wet. Scott and I were thankful we weren't farther along in the ride... like at the top of the 50 ft. drop.

All in all it was a good few days.

And for the record, our very good friends are coming in March to visit us and specifically go to Disney. I can assure you Rebecca,by the time March comes, I'll once again be ready to take you and your kids to the, "Happiest Place On Earth." We are looking forward to it and we'll have a great time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Someone once told me to just play the glad game. Just be glad you had the money and opportunity. If you think Disney is expensive try eating out in Canada. It cost your mother and I $90.00 for a three course meal.

DAD